ANIMAL LOVERS BAND TOGETHER FOR GREAT RESULTS!
You helped protect animals in 2017!
We had other amazing moments together too, including:
• Major retailers and brands went fur-free! Gucci, Burlington, Wrangler, The North Face, Timberland, Nautica and Net-A-Porter announced new policies.
• Chimps in Liberia who were used in medical research will have a more secure future thanks to an agreement between The HSUS and New York Blood Center to provide for decades of care for the long-lived great apes.
• Broiler chickens will receive better care thanks to commitments from more than 65 major food retailers—including Burger King, Starbucks and Campbell’s—to change their purchasing practices to institute more humane treatment of the animals.
• Ringling Brothers shuttered its operations, ending an era of wild animal performances. Illinois, New York and the city of Los Angeles also banned the use of elephants in traveling shows, helping us get closer to the day when all circuses will be free of wild animals.
• The HSUS responded to Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria, helping thousands of animals through transport, search-and-rescue, sheltering, and food and medical supplies.
None of these victories for animals would be possible without the hard work and support of fearless animal advocates like you—thank you. Animals are so lucky to have you on their side!